City of Fremont, CA
FREMONT'S SOLAR ENERGY INFORMATION HUB
Find the latest resources and information available for installing solar power and expanding the solar market in the City of Fremont, whether you're a resident, business, installer or local government agency.
The City is well positioned for solar market growth due to a mix of renewable energy goals and supportive policies. Transitioning to solar power not only provides environmental benefits like enhanced air quality, but it also delivers a host of economic benefits from green job creation to market development. Below, there is a direct link to the City's interactive policy roadmap designed to increase local solar installations by making it easier and more cost-effective to "go solar".
Fremont is part of the San Francisco Bay Area region.
Key Market Information
|Fremont Solar Permitting Information||National Solar Permitting Database||Utility Solar Information|
Solar PV Customer Resources
- Smart Solar Program - Free, independent advice and guidance to East Bay home and business owners who want to go solar.
- East Bay Energy Watch - A local collaborative that provides energy efficiency solutions throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
Clean Energy Planning
- Fremont Climate Action Plan - A multi-year action plan to reduce the City's greenhouse gas emissions 25% by 2020 from a 2005 baseline
Local Financing Programs & Incentives
- Property Accessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing for Businesses - Commercial project financing through CaliforniaFIRST
- California's Database of State Incentives For Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) - Residential, Commercial and Local Governments
- Third-party financing - Residential, Commercial and Local Governments
Solar Energy Policy